Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Chevrolet Impala LT: My 2009 Chevy Impala wont start, i put

Customer Question

My 2009 Chevy Impala wont start, i put the key in the ignition and the lights come on, as well as the ABS light and Traction Control Service lights, which I have never seen prior to this. I can hear a click every 2 seconds when I try to start it. But after a few tries, none of the lights come on. What could be the problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is David and I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

So when you turn the key to start, you get multiple clicks, but no starting, is this correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, as well as multiple diagnosis on the dash which werent on before (Battery light, traction light, ABS light).
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
From the symptoms you have described, it sounds like the battery is very weak. I suggest either charging the battery or jump starting the vehicle. Then the battery should be tested to see if it is in need of replacement. Most auto parts stores offer battery testing services.