goodwrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Certified, GM Master Certified Tech. Awarded GM Top performer, Hybrid certified

Chevrolet Venture: Service traction system indicator comes

Service traction system indicator comes on intermittently and traction control system seems to slip on a 2003 Chevy Venture. I replaced both front hubs with new wheel sensors about a month ago and it fixed the problem for a short time. ABS also seems to intermittently not work correctly. I scanned codes and got errors on U1301and C1298, not sure if these are related or not. Typically traction control will activate for a short time when starting from a stop, like at a stop sign. This is normally on drive pavement so there is no legitimate reason for traction system to engage.
Any ideas where I should start?
Hello and welcome. code U1301 and C1298 are loss of communications with the EBCM from scan tool. does your scan tool read real time data? not just codes
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm using a scan tool from my local O'Riely's. They said it read some real time, but hey weren't sure how much.
what needs to be read, is the wheel speed sensors mph readings? the most common problem with this type of concern is bad wheel speed sensor harnesses. real tough to track down. the speed sensor harness are made with a real fine wire like angel hair. the wire over time and miles will break inside the insulation and can false readings. a scan tool would point to which one is at fault. 90 percent of the time it is one of the front harness, because they tend to move back and forth while turning the steering wheel