Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Chevrolet Aveo: I have a 2007 chevy aveo and the oil light

I have a 2007 chevy aveo and the oil light flickers at idle only I changed the sensor and it still does it any ideas?
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

Are the oil level and condition okay?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Since the oil pressure sending unit was replaced and did not fix the problem, it is obviously not the cause. Looks like the engine does have low oil pressure, but it would be wise to confirm this. The sending unit can be removed and a manual oil pressure gauge temporarily connected to verify oil pressure. If it is indeed low, then the problem is a mechanical failure. It can either be a bad oil pump or internal engine wear. Of course I would recommend attempting to replace the oil pump first, as it is far less complex and expensive than rebuilding an engine. If the oil pump does not fix the problem then the engine would have to be rebuilt or replaced.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you.

Thank you,