Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Chevrolet Silverado 1500: On our 2002 Silverado, we had codes

On our 2002 Silverado, we had codes PO300 and PO135. We changed plugs and wires and the drivers side oxygen sensor. Cleared codes and tried to get it smogged. It failed because the technician said although the light was off the long term memory still retained the code. Since then the light comes on with code co135 after 2 days after clearing.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

Which drivers side O2 sensor did you replace? Was it the front one or the rear one (behind the catalytic converter)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We replace the inlet sensor
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info. In the underhood fuse panel, check the O2 A fuse and see if it is blown.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The fuse is not blown.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
There are two different types of O2 sensors on this truck (case grounded or non-case grounded). Do you know for certain that the correct type was installed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We installed a Delco part. I am not sure of the grounding type.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Have you recently set the P0300 code or any codes other than the P0135?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no, the only code that comes up os the po135
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Normally when this code sets it is either due to fuel control problems/misfires or is due to a faulty sensor. Since you no longer show any misfires, there are no lean or rich codes, the O2 heater circuit fuse is okay, and no faults on the other bank of the engine then it looks like you got a defective O2 sensor. I would suggest replacing the O2 sensor again, the part should be under warranty.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you.

Thank you,
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience: ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification