you are wnting to replace the injector pump...this is a different animal..
lets try this
| ||2001 Chevy Truck C 2500 Truck 2WD V8-6.6L DSL Turbo VIN 1 |
| ||Diesel MFI Pump Service and Repair, Removal and Replacement: Fuel Injection Pump |
| || || || |
1. Disconnect negative battery cables from both batteries.
2. Remove the air intake duct. IMPORTANT:
Cover the air intake pipe end with duct tape to prevent the infiltration of dirt.
3. Drain the coolant. Refer to Draining and Filling Cooling System.
4. Remove the upper fan shroud.
5. Remove the fan blade assembly.
6. Remove the serpentine belt.
7. Remove the bolt holding positive battery cable junction box and bracket and move Out of the way. IMPORTANT:
Remove only the air conditioning/power steering bracket. Do not discharge the A/C or remove the A/C and power steering lines.
8. Remove the A/C compressor.
9. Remove the power steering pump.
10. Position the A/C compressor and power steering pump aside.
11. Remove the oil filler tube.
12. Remove the air conditioning/power steering bracket.
13. Remove the alternator.
14. Remove the thermostat housing bracket, wiring and fuel
test port, and two nuts.
15. Remove the positive crankcase ventilation
(PCV) catch tank from the PCV bracket and bolt below holding lower line, and move to the side.
16. Remove the alternator bracket.
17. Remove the turbo cooling hose return line clamp and hose.
18. Remove the upper radiator
hose at the outlet pipe. Remove the bracket and support the bracket at the valve cover, and swing out of the way.
19. Remove bolt holding wiring support bracket at thermostat housing.
20. Move the main wiring harness by disconnecting the following:
^ The fuel pressure regulator
connector on the fuel injection pump.
^ The fuel injection control module connectors.
21. Flip the wire harness and harness tray towards the back and set aside.
22. Disconnect the heater pipe bolt and temperature sensor wire from the thermostat housing.
23. Remove the air intake pipe.
24. Remove the water crossover assembly.
25. Remove the hose to the turbo water feed line. IMPORTANT:
Cap all of the open fuel connections with suitable plastic plugs in order to prevent infiltration of dirt.
26. Disconnect all high pressure fuel lines and remove supply pipe and hose at the fuel injection pump and function block.
27. Remove the return fuel hose from fuel injection pump.
28. Disconnect the y-junction banjo fitting at the junction block.
29. Remove the bolts holding the fuel injection pump, two bolts in front cover and two bolts in the block. IMPORTANT:
Be careful not to damage any mating surfaces.
30. Remove fuel injection pump from the block using two screwdrivers to work
the pump from the block towards rear of engine keeping the pump straight.
31. Remove fuel injection pump.PREPARING FUEL PUMP
1. Hold the fuel pump by the drive gear in a vice with copper jaw liners.
2. Loosen the gear nut until the nut is even with the end of the gear shaft.
3. Remove the gear from the tapered shaft of the pump.
4. Separate the pump and adapter by removing the three bolts and spacers.
5. Inspect the O-ring for damage on pump adapter and replace, if necessary. Lubricate the O-ring with clean engine oil.
6. Clean all mating surfaces.
7. Install the adapter on the pump.
8. Using the three bolts and spacers, reassemble the pump. Tighten
Tighten the bolts to 20 N.m (15 lb ft)
9. Replace gear and nut. Tighten
Tighten nut to 70 N.m (52 lb ft)
.FUEL INJECTION PUMP INSTALLATION
1. Install the fuel injection pump.
2. Install the fuel injection pump mounting bolts from the front of the engine front cover. Tighten
Tighten the fuel injection pump mounting bolts to 20 N.m (15 lb ft)
3. Reconnect the Y-junction Banjo fitting at the junction block. Tighten
Tighten the banjo fitting to 15 N.m (11 lb ft)
4. Install fuel return hose and hose clamp to the fuel injection pump.
5. Install high pressure lines from injection pump to junction block. Tighten
Tighten the high pressure lines to 54 N.m (40 lb ft)
6. Install the fuel pressure
sensor connector at the junction block.
7. Replace hose to turbo water feed line.
8. Install water crossover assembly.
9. Install air intake pipe.
10. Install the heater pipe.
^ Install new O-ring lubricated with clean engine oil.
^ Install the heater pipe bracket bolt. Tighten
Tighten the bracket bolt to 20 N.m (15 lb ft)
^ Install the heater pipe to water crossover bolts. Tighten
Tighten the bolts to 20 N.m (15 lb ft)
11. Reconnect the engine wiring harness.
12. Install upper radiator hose at outlet pipe.
^ Install upper radiator hose mounting bolts and brackets. Tighten
Tighten the bolts to 10 N.m (89 lb ft)
^ Install the upper radiator hose clamp.
13. Install turbo cooling hose return and clamp.
14. Install the left idler pulley and bolt.
15. Install PCV catch tank, hose clamp and bolt to the right front of the engine.
16. Install the thermostat housing bracket, wiring, fuel test port and nuts.
17. Install the alternator.
18. Install a new O-ring to the oil fill tube and lubricate the O-ring with clean engine oil.
19. Install the oil fill tube.
20. Install air conditioning/power steering bracket and bolts. Tighten
Tighten the air conditioning and power steering bracket bolts to 46 N.m (34 lb ft)
21. Install the power steering pump.
22. Install the air conditioning compressor.
23. Install the positive battery cable junction box and bolt.
24. Install the serpentine belt.
25. Install the tan blade assembly.
26. Install the upper fan shroud.
27. Refill the coolant. Refer to Draining and Filling Cooling System in Cooling System.
28. Install the air intake duct.
29. Reconnect the negative battery cables to both batteries.
30. Replace all of the hold down ties.
31. Stan the engine and check for leaks or noises.
32. After the engine warms up, refill coolant reservoir to proper level.
|2001 Chevy Truck C 2500 Truck 2WD V8-6.6L DSL Turbo VIN 1 |
| ||Diesel MFI Pump Parts and Labor |
| || || || |
| Parts Information ||OEM Part # ||Price |
| Diesel MFI Pump |
| 97720662 || $983.15 |
|Labor Information ||Skill Level ||Mfg. Warranty ||Standard |
Replace Injection Pump
|B || 4.0 || 5.9 |