Doug
Doug, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech. 32 years experice
30501653

2007 Chevy: Unplugged the pcm and plugged back in .

Unplugged the PCM and plugged back in . Truck will not start. 2007 Chevy silverado, how do I get it to start again?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Doug replied 2 years ago.

Doug :

Thank you for choosing justanswer.com,I look forward to helping you,Doug

Doug :

can you tell me reason for un pluging ECM

Doug :

and did you pull all conectors

Customer: installed cold air intake and son said it had be unplugged to reset for the new intake
Doug :

so did it run after air intake repair

Doug :

or was this all done at the same time

Customer: yes ran for a week and tried to reset today
Doug :

was the service engine light on prior to disconect

Doug :

sorry for all the questions

Customer: anything to help me get it going
Doug :

can you turn the key on and tell be if the service engine light is on.

Customer: Yes
Customer: Just turns over and over not starting
Doug :

OK we need to start with pulling ECM out and inspect all the pins to make sure they are all straight

Doug :

at the same time check to makes sure all pins are in place on connector sides

Customer: Yes they are
Doug :

if all looks well match the connector color with color and plug back in

Customer: Ok both are plugged back in
Doug :

see if it will start

Customer: Still just turning over
Doug :

Is there anything else there was disconnected

Customer: No
Doug :

Can you check for spark

Customer: Spark there
Doug :

can you test fuel pressure

Customer: No
Customer: How
Doug :

do you have starting fluid

Customer: No
Doug :

please give me a few

Doug :

need to look at wire diagram

Customer: Checked fuses they are all good
Doug :

OK give me a few

Customer: Giving messages ac turn off, reduced engine power track stability and engine hot
Doug :

OK please pull the plastic cover off the top of engine on the pass. side of injector rail you will see a valve stem cap take it off and with a rag and small screw driver push in on core to release fuel pressure then then try to start engine turn key back off and release fuel pressure this time look to see if fuel comes out under pressure

Customer: Yes shot out
Doug :

has spark has fuel pressure injectors not pulsing

Customer: ??
Doug :

you did not replace PCM did you

Doug :

different one

Customer: No same Didn't replace
Doug :

ok im going to send you a picture on a connector we need to see if it is plugged in location # XXXXX picture will be there in a few

Customer: Yes looks all plugs are in only unplugged front 2 plugs
Doug :

OK one of two things has gone wrong a wire has pulled loose inside one of the connector or static electricity took out the ECM

Customer: Ok what do I need to do and how much am I looking at
Doug :

It takes special tools to open up connectors . at this point you might need to take it to a garage so they can test every circuit they will charge you 80.00 ? per hour to find problem, wish it could have been simple. Doug

Customer: Thanks
Doug :

sorry for the news and your welcome . Dog

Doug :

Doug

Customer: How much to replace ECM
Doug :

Dealer price ECM $478.00, Programing and replacement 160.00

Customer: Codes
Customer: P0107
Customer: Po107,po118,p0122,p0223,p0443
Doug :

Good morning, read all your codes They donot lead me to just 1 circuit at the PCM , I really feel we have some shorted wires or Bad PCM and there is no way to determine this without a scan tool that reads live data, basicly we are stuck , If you like I can opt. out for you to see if anotherTech can help you our recomend that you take it to the dealer. Doug

Expert:  Doug replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey , bottom plug wasn't properly locked in with a secure connection. Replugged both
Plugs this afternoon after work and saw bottom wasn't snug!
Plugged in both and cranked right up
Expert:  Doug replied 2 years ago.
Great deal , if you rember back when we first started I had asked you to inspect pins at ECM , guess I should have added to make sure they were locked after inspection , Have a great day. Doug
Doug, ASE Master Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech. 32 years experice