Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2000 chevy: Engine died...Spark and no fuel pressure.

Customer Question

I have a 2000 chev silverado, 5.3 L engine. Engine died. I have no Spark and no fuel pressure. I originally thought it was the Crank Shaft Module, however , pulled the line off at the back of the fuel filter and have no pressure. I don't hear the fuel pump coming on. I have power to the coils, just no spark.

any suggestions
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. It sounds like you may have a blown fuse. Check the 20 amp ECM B fuse and also check to see if fuel pump relay even clicks when turning key into on position. Let me know, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HI Dan,

I checked the relay, but not the fues . I will check both again and let you know/

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Ok, make sure to check at least the ECMB fuse, I'd check all of them. If all is good, check to see if fuel pump relay even clicks when key is turned on. Let me know how it goes, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok - i'm going to try both and will get back with you. I want to chase it down before giving up to a shop. thansk will let you know if it resolves, or maybe something else to try if it doesn't fix it. thanks stand by...

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Ok, I'll be waiting. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dan, you are awsome Dude! Best $29.00 I ever spent. I spent all day trying to figure it out yesterday. It was the ECM fuse.

also the f - pmp relay clicked on with power

engine fired up. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Thank you.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Good to hear, let me know if it blows again and we will figure out why its blowing. Thanks.