GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

chevy: power windows..headlight..trans temp just the volts

02 chevy pickup..neither driver or passenger window will roll down or up with head light on. the power windows only work it headlight are off..not sure if it make a difference but the sensor in the dash that turn lights on and off automatically is broken.. also the instrument cluster is not working, no tach, no spedo, fuel, engine temp, trans temp just the volts..

GM Tech (Cam) :

Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

GM Tech (Cam) :

This sounds like a ground issue.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Can you start checking a few grounds? The ones on the frame under the drivers door, at the bottom of the battery on the frame as well and finally the grounds to the body from the engine on the firewall.

Okay thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you know what happens..makes sense the instrument cluster works sometime and sometime not, if not working a bump or hard brake will make it start working..

GM Tech (Cam) :

That all suggests a ground issue.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Are you trying that now?