Bill
Bill, Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Certified Master Technician
50714430

Chevrolet Blazer: Canister Purge Valve Solenoid location..4wd..6cyl

Canister Purge Valve Solenoid location on Chevrolet Blazer (2000), 4wd, 4.3L SFI 6cyl
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. Please Accept if you are satisfied.

Are you looking for the cannister purge valve or the cannister vent valve?

Thanks

Bill

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cannister purge valve solenoid.
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.

The purge valve is on top of the intake manifold on the right side near the distributor. The connector will have a pink and dk green/white wire going to it.

Billgraphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. The image and description you gave me doesn't match the part I asked about. I have a pic of that part which I don't know how to embed here for you to see.
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.
Hmmm... well that is the evap purge valve believe me. I can send information on the vent solenoid which is above the spare tire if you think that is the part you are replacing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've already replaced that part as well. I'm working on being able to send you the picture if you can help someone else in the meantime. I think I can attach the picture through another area of this venue.
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.

The paper clip icon above is for attaching images. Sorry but it's difficult not knowing what part you have. The information above is for the purge valve so apparently we're not talking about a purge valve at this point.

Bill

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had the option (paper clip icon) at one point but am not seeing it here now. Please give me a little more time to get back to having that option so I can send the graphic as it will be exactly the part I am asking about.
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.

Take your time. I'll be around except for a period around 5 eastern for a while.

Bill

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for all the troubles trying to convey the detail to you. Using FireFox browser as suggested from support team and now have the paper clip, etc.......(whew!) Finally, here is the picture of the part in question.graphic
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.

That part has nothing to do with an evap system on a 4.3 S truck. In addition to working on them over many years I also own one. . I'm not sure what issue you are chasing or what part you are trying to replace but if your issue is with the evap system, you've got the wrong part.

Bill

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me what this part really is then? The receipt and box shown in my picture has it listed as a purge valve solenoid. I have a code P0446 indicated from the OBD II which started me on this fiasco. Autozone told me to replace this part and sold it to me. Should II return it for a refund? Might explain why I haven't seen it on the car when looking under hood and around fuel tank. I've already replaced the canister vent solenoid they sold me at that same time. I just want to fix whatever is giving me the EVAP Emission Control System Vent Circuit Malfunction.
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.

A po446 is not caused by a vent valve but usually either a stuck on purge valve or a failed fuel tank pressure sensor. It is for excessive vacuum in the fuel tank when none is commanded. The part shown is a purge valve just not the correct one for your vehicle. It is difficult without a scan tool reading the data however refer to the picture at the top of the page. They can fail intermittantly but if there is vacuum coming out of the valve when the electrical connector is disconnected... it is leaking internally and will cause a p0446.

Bill

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for clarifying that for me. I'll be taking the part back to AutoZone for a refund ($40) since it is not for my Blazer. I'll check to see if there is vacuum coming out of the valve while unplugged and proceed from there.
BTW - I did have a fuel pump replaced about a year ago which could also be suspect to my issue even though it ran for over 6 months without throwing any code(s).
Thanks for your patience. I'm accepting your answer now.
-John
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.

Being honest, it is impossible for me to tell for sure what the problem is without reading the data and testing the circuits. THat being said, an internally leaking purge valve is the most common cause. I will tell you however that fuel pumps generally come with a new fuel tank pressure sensor and that is the second most common cause of a p0446. If the pump assembly was aftermarket, many of them use poor quality tank pressure sensors.

Bill

Bill, Chevy Technician
Experience: GM Certified Master Technician