Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

2010 camaro: check engine light is on and reads the code po315

I have a 2010 camaro L99 engine, the check engine light is on and reads the code PO315 how do I get rid of it?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! I'm Ron Z! I will do my best to answer all of your questions. For easy access to this thread, bookmark it now! Please read everything!
If the CKP system variation values are not stored in the ECM memory, or a
proper ECM power down does not occur after completing the CKP Learn Procedure,
then DTC P0315 sets.

1. Perform the CKP System Variation Learn Procedure.
  2. If the CKP System Variation Learn Procedure cannot be performed
    successfully, inspect for the following conditions:

- Any worn crankshaft main bearings
- A damaged or misaligned reluctor wheel
- Excessive crankshaft runout
- A damaged crankshaft
- Interference in the signal circuit of the CKP sensor
- The ignition switch is left in the ON position, until the battery is
discharged
- An ECM power disconnect, with the ignition ON, that may have erased the CKP
system variation values and set DTC P0315
- Any debris between the CKP sensor and the reluctor wheel
If the ECM is still unable to complete the learn procedure, replace the ECM
Download the Crankshaft Variation Learn Procedure HERE (requires the use of a scan tool)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My scan tool does not have a learn procedure on it, now what?
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
You'll need to find a shop or a scan-tool that can perform this procedure. There is no alternative to do the procedure.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What scan tools can do this procedure, I am on social security and can't send a lot of money on it.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
It will need to be a higher-end scan tool. More than likely not one that would be "at the right price" for a DIY'er to "just have" in their toolbox.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK how much will this cost me for your answer?
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
Whatever you decided at the beginning of the process. We do not set the price, the customer does.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience: 18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics