Welcome! I'm Ron Z! I will do my best to answer all of your questions. For easy access to this thread, bookmark it now! Please read everything!
If the CKP system variation values are not stored in the ECM memory, or a
proper ECM power down does not occur after completing the CKP Learn Procedure,
then DTC P0315 sets.
- Perform the CKP System Variation Learn Procedure.
- If the CKP System Variation Learn Procedure cannot be performed
successfully, inspect for the following conditions:
- Any worn crankshaft main bearings
- A damaged or misaligned reluctor wheel
- Excessive crankshaft runout
- A damaged crankshaft
- Interference in the signal circuit of the CKP sensor
- The ignition switch is left in the ON position, until the battery is
- An ECM power disconnect, with the ignition ON, that may have erased the CKP
system variation values and set DTC P0315
- Any debris between the CKP sensor and the reluctor wheel
If the ECM is still unable to complete the learn procedure, replace the ECM
Download the Crankshaft Variation Learn Procedure HERE
(requires the use of a scan tool)