Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

2010 impala: with the 3.5 liter..Stuck Open..involved in fixing this?

I have 2010 impala with the 3.5 liter. I'm getting an error code P2440 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Open .... What and where is this valve located? What is involved in fixing this? Any pictures of this thing would be appreciated. My e-mail [email protected] thanks!!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

The picture below shows the Secondary air injection switching/check valve. The exhaust crossover pipe that connects the front and rear exhaust manifolds has to come off first, then the valve can be removed.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's located in the back of the engine? Is this the only solution to the p2440 code?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
Yes it is located at the back of the engine. Make sure that the air injection pump runs during a cold start. You should hear it run for around 30 seconds. If the pump runs tthen the valve is going to be the problem. It is a common failure. For a video demonstrating the replacement procedure, click here.