Jettadan1
Jettadan1, Chevy Technician
Experience:  Most of our fleet is chevy.
17254274

Cant get alternator to charge battery..find anything..new one

Customer Question

Can't get alternator to charge battery... checked grounds .. seem to be fine. checked all wires and did not find anything... second alternator... first one was only a few months old and just seemed to quit... now new one installed and doesn't or hasn't done anything... need help!!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 4 years ago.

Customer:

Welcome to Just Answer. We are working on a fast accurate answer Based on the info you have provided. Your time and my time are both Very important. HI I am Daniel

Customer:

Can you use volt meter?

Customer:

Please tell me what voltage you get on battery post and what you get on Back of alternator.

Customer:

You may have to clean grounds from neg battery post to vehicle and to starter. with sand paper and clean them good and tighten them.

JACUSTOMER-6of5psx3- :

i can get my hands on a volt meter... its reading about 10- 11

JACUSTOMER-6of5psx3- :

that is the reading in the truck.. I will get a volt meter on it asap

JACUSTOMER-6of5psx3- :

[]\'
'y

JACUSTOMER-6of5psx3- :

/

JACUSTOMER-6of5psx3- :

}
\

JACUSTOMER-6of5psx3- :

\

JACUSTOMER-6of5psx3- :

474t67890-=

JACUSTOMER-6of5psx3- :

\67890-

JACUSTOMER-6of5psx3- :

sorry... kid decided to type a little

Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 4 years ago.
Click here on this hyperlinkj I have to go to work but let m eknow how it goes and I will check on breaks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did what you said and it did nothing. It took me over a week to figure it out and lots of money. I do not believe your answer was worth 37 dollars.
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 4 years ago.

Hi Matt what was it? I checked on breaks to see what you had found out. Remember to alwayd follow up wth expert after checks. It doesnt cost more money. If you have have any other needs just let me know and I will include it in if the green button is pressed othe wise JA keeps it until next question and I dont get any portion of it.

Thanks Daniel