MarkMax
MarkMax, ASE Chevy Diesel Tech
Experience:  8 years in GM Dealership, ASE MD/HD Master Certified, GM Diesel Master Certified
29025167

2007 Chevy Suburban: Service Traction..Traction Control..flashed on

2007 Chevy Suburban Service Stabilitrak and Service Traction Control Senors flashed on. What is causing this problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  MarkMax replied 2 years ago.
Is the light on steady and did this happen after replacing the brake pads or before
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The light turned back on after driving two miles. I parked the car for the night and drove it again this morning. It turned on after 5 miles.
Expert:  MarkMax replied 2 years ago.
does it seem to run rough or have a miss to it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

While making a turn pressing on the accelerator, there was a grinding noise and the car jerked like "something" stomped on the brakes. I tapped on the brake pedal, the car stopped doing the weird stuff. Immediately after, the Service Stabilitrak and Traction Control turned on.

Expert:  MarkMax replied 2 years ago.
Could be one of three things, a wheel speed sensor is not reading correctly or a problem with the encoder motor or module is faulty, have you scan for codes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The light was on and read in the user's manual that the Stabilitrak have something to do with the brakes, so I requested for the brakes to be replaced. After I got the vehicle back, the light went back on. The mechanic did not replace the brake fluid, but will request him to do so.

When the mechanic scanned for codes, he stated that nothing came up on the scan.

Expert:  MarkMax replied 2 years ago.
Stabilitrak consist of three parts engine power, abs braking, and the all wheel drive, The way you are describing it, it sounds like the transfer case is applying more power to the front wheels, some scan tools are unable to check all modules of the vehicle
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, that sounds plausible. What about the "Service Traction Control"?
Expert:  MarkMax replied 2 years ago.
They a pretty much one in the same, Traction Control reduces engine power to reduce spin out, They both depend on each other to do their jobs, with both lights going there has to be a code in one of the modules,
Expert:  MarkMax replied 2 years ago.
Have them check the Wheel speed sensors for variation in speed and the the encoder motor position sensor,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much. If I have more questions regarding this problem, will I be ale to ask you again?

Expert:  MarkMax replied 2 years ago.
Yep no problem, I check this everyday
MarkMax, ASE Chevy Diesel Tech
Experience: 8 years in GM Dealership, ASE MD/HD Master Certified, GM Diesel Master Certified