Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

92 Chevy: 10 v6 4.3 Z motor is destroyed..timing specification

The underhood tag on my 92 Chevy S-10 v6 4.3 Z motor is destroyed. What is the timing specification
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 4 years ago.

what do you need the timeing cahin or the ignition timing...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ignition timing

this should help you

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

1992 Chevy Truck S10/T10 P/U 2WD V6-262 4.3L VIN Z
Ignition Timing Specifications, Electrical: Timing Specifications
Base Timing ........................................................... 0° TDC

Set timing under the following conditions:

^ Normal operating temperature.
^ Air cleaner installed.
^ A/C "OFF".
^ Transmission in neutral.
^ Disconnect the SET TIMING connector (tan/black wire), taped to the harness below the heater case in the passenger compartment. DO NOT disconnect 4 wire connector at distributor.

Connect timing light and adjust to specification by loosening hold down bolt and rotating distributor.

Tighten hold down and recheck the timing. Stop the engine and connect SET TIMING connector. Clear ECM trouble code by disconnecting ECM power source. With engine at operating temperature, drive vehicle at part throttle with moderate acceleration and decelerate to idle condition. This will "teach" the ECM/VCM and return the engine to normal performance.