GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

1994 CHEVROLET: DIMMER SWITCH ( LOCATED..STEERING COLUMN..automatic

HOW DO I INSTALL A DIMMER SWITCH ( LOCATED IN THE STEERING COLUMN ) ON OUR 1994 CHEVROLET PICK UP TRUCK ( AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION... )
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

On your truck, pulling the lever works the dimmer switch but the switch itself is not directly in the column on the 1994. The switch is about 10" lower n the column under the dash and is operated by a push rod from the dimmer lever.

To change it you need to first remove the trim under the column on the dash. They you can loosen the bolts on the column that hold it up in place to get some room to work.

Next you can unplug the 3 pin connector and remove the bolts holding the switch to the column.

Then install the new switch and plug it in. Slide it so the rod is fully seated but not pushing yet into the switch. Tighten and yes before assembling the column and trim.