Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master, L1, 32 years, Diagnostic / Electrical Specialist
13677702

Hi I have an 02 chevy impala. code reader says PO102-mass or volume circuit low input a

Hi I have an 02 chevy impala. code reader says PO102-mass or volume circuit low input and PO131- O2 sensor circuit low voltage, does this mean my MAF sensor is bad?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.
Hello, My name isXXXXX will do my best to assist you.

In fact yes,, both codes do point to possible bad MAF sensor. the o2 code is basically for lean running and the MAF code means its not fucntioning correct.

There are lengthy tests that can be done to help confimr this but a full scan tool is needed etc.

Without scanner data and conducting all tests for the 102 code, I have to go by what is common to kick both codes and yes, very possible bad MAF sensor

You do need to confrim the plug to MAF is tight, clean and secure as basic check