Hal, Chevy Master Tech
Experience:  ASE and Chevy Master , 31yr Dealership exp,

1992 Chevrolet: I checked the radio fuse in the fuse box..another fuse

I own a 1992 Chevrolet C-1500 truck and for some reason the radio and equalizer (stock) all of sudden has no power. I checked the radio fuse in the fuse box and it appears to be okay. Is there another fuse to check?

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX Your complete satisfaction is my goal. Please provide as much information about your concern as you can.

Have you checked the other fuses? I think the courtesy fuse also powers the radio.

I would need to do some research 1st.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hal: I replaced nearly all of the fuses. Does the courtesy fuse power the clock in the radio?

The ctsy fuse is a 20 amp yellow fuse that is the memory power. The 10 amp radio fuse powers up the ignition side of the radio. This radio system has multiple components. a receiver just above the accelerator pedal, a control head, and a tape player equalizer. and speakers. All of these components are powered through the receiver and these two fuses. If the fuses are good, then make sure the receiver plugs have not worked loose. The connectors plug in on top of the receiver.