Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

Average price for replacing brake pads and rotors on both front

Average price for replacing brake pads and rotors on both front and back brakes .
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

The front brake pads sell for around $103 ("better" quality) and around $67 ("economy" quality). The rear brake pads sell for around $145 ("better" quality) and around $61 ("economy" quality). The front rotors sell for around $113 each ("better" quality) and around $65 each ("economy" quality). The rear rotors sell for around $92 each ("better" quality) and around $43 each ("economy" quality). The labor time guide calls for 1.2 hours to complete the front brakes and `1.2 hours to complete the rear brakes. Labor rates vary from shop to shop, so what you pay for labor will effect the botXXXXX XXXXXne. For a job of this type, a "fair" labor rate can by anywhere from $85-$125 per hour. Shop around, and find a reputable shop that guarantees their parts and labor.