Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Chevrolet S-10 pickup: where is the fuel vapor pressure sensor

where is the fuel vapor pressure sensor located on a 2000 S-10 pickup with a 4.3 engine?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my best to assist you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. I have been working on these vehicles for over 10 years so I am very familiar with this system and how they work. However, keep in mind, that I need some solid concrete facts/evidence/clues from you in order to give you a good answer about your vehicle. Please realize that all my answers are based solely on the info that you provide me with.

The Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor is located on top of the sending unit on this vehicle.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what sending unit?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 years ago.
The sending unit is what controls the fuel gauge. It sits inside the tank and has a float that tells the computer how much fuel is inside the fuel tank. You don't have to remove this from the fuel tank to replace the fuel tank pressure senor, but you do have to drop the fuel tank to gain access to this part as it sits on top of the sending unit.