Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

2003 chevy trailblazer: 4.2l..cylinder numbers..firing order..vechicle

Customer Question

i have a 2003 chevy trailblazer 4.2l could i get the cylinder numbers and firing order for this vechicle
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer.Please don't click on accept unless you feel satisfied with my assistance here.

The order of the cylinders goes 1-2-3-4-5-6 from the very front of the engine to the rear and the firing order for this vehicle is 1-5-3-6-2-4.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
standing in front of the vechicle which side does the numder one cylinder be on. drivers side or the passenger side
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
You have this listed as the 4.2 liter with is an in line 6 cylinder engine with one bank of cylinders so #1 is towards the radiator and #6 is at the back of the engine at the firewall.Going 1-2-3-4-5-6 from front to back.

If this is the 5.3 liter V8 let me know and I can get you the firing order for that engine.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yea it might be a 5.3 L because it looks bigger than a inline engine
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
O.k.

Here is the firing order for this engine:

Firing order 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THANKS
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Let me know if you need anything else with your question asked or anything else in the future.Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have a 1995 chevy suburban 1500 5.7 i changed the stop light switch but no brake light in the rear
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
I apologize as this is a seperate different question and has to be opened up as a new question,however I can help with this,when you post the new question you can put my name in the first few words of the question and I can respond or you can request me if you want me to assist here.

Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
pete,
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Can you open this up in a new question since this is a seperate issue,thanks.You will have to go through opening up an entire new question like you did with the first question above on the Trailblazer,just put my name in the first few words of the question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.