Chevy expert
Chevy expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs experience ase cetified tech shop owner
22989858

Chevrolet S10 Blazer 4x4: 1995 Chevy Blazer 4wd 4 dr S10.Vortec

1995 Chevy Blazer 4wd 4 dr S10.Vortec Power seat (driver)suddenly wont work at all, including lumbar & other buttons. Locks DID work at first(with key sensor, not using auto lock buttons on the doors), b4 I pulled the PWR ACCY large metal /yellow fuse. THEN NOTHING worked until I replaced the same fuse, at which point my key sensors could now open the door locks. There are other strange electrical symptoms--dome lights will suddenly turn on & NOT turn off(whether I'm in Blazer or not)--I remedied this by removing back hatch light--seemed to fix the front dome lt prob. HELP!!! --Suzie8
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.This can be caused by a number of things we need to do some elimination , Dome lights coming on all by themselves Can be caused by faulty door switches ,Faulty key lists remote as, or faulty keyless entry module . Locate the RKE module above the Left Hand hush panel. Remove/cut the Black wire, pin A at the RKE module. With this wire removed the RKE module will not see a door handle input, but will still see a door jamb input,, checked this out let me know what you find I will be with you as long as it takes to solve your problem so please reply back to me right here. Thank you very much, it's a pleasure working with you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My question started (the biggest problem) well, I'll paste it here:

[ 1995 Chevy Blazer 4wd 4 dr S10.Vortec. Power seat (driver's) wont work at all, including lumbar & other buttons. Locks DID work with key sensor, but not by using auto lock buttons on the doors), b4 I pulled the PWR ACCY large metal /yellow fuse. THEN NOTHING worked until I replaced the same fuse, at which point my key sensors could now open the door locks.] My primary concern is fixing the power seat--fuse doesn't seem to be bad, tho, unless I neglected to "Trip" something in fusebox. Did I? Do I actually need to go into seat control panel mounted on bottom of driver's seat. Check & follow all wires? I'm assuming that remedying this should take care of my faulty power door locks(that I can only operate them from key sensor/remote).

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I sent another , the original question
This is very often caused by faulty feed power wires going too the power seats under the carpet Check for an open circuit on the Orange wire from the fuse box to the power seat switch. Check connector C310 under the carpet near the driver's seat.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so, you agree the fuse is fine

From your description it seems so but you will check that using a test light or a volt meter make sure you have power on both sides of that fuse
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
And will this fix door locks? Also, are you suggesting that half the fuse could be good & half not? Can that happen?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I MADE A MISTAKE PRESSING 'ACCEPT ANSWER'. I don't accept answer until the questions in my original question are answered, or attempt is made.

Thanks

If no the fuse is either good or it's not if the fuse is good there will be power on both sides of the fuse. We'll have to see we may find a common problem here that fixes both the seat in the door lock if not we will track down the door lock problem next thank you