Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2004 chevrolet silverado 2500 hd: 4x4..cab..drivers side fuse box

Customer Question

I have a 2004 chevrolet silverado 2500hd duramax 4x4 and my fog lights are not working. checked fuses and the switch in the cab will not light up at all. is m y truck suppose to have a plug in the drivers side fuse box for the body control module?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

Are these original factory equipment fog lights?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes they are factory
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
waited 15 miutes for no answer
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info. and sorry for the delay. Double check the fog lamp fuse in the underhood fuse panel. Also make sure that when you are attempting to turn on the fog lights that the park lights or low beam lights are on. Fog lights will not work with the high beams on.

The switch is connected directly to the BCM so if it will not even light up then the problem will most likely be in the switch itself, but may be a bad input from the BCM. You can place a jumper wire across the Black/White and Orange wires at the fog light switch. If the fog lights come on, replace the switch. If they do not then the problem will be in the BCM.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
fog lights did not come on when i jumped them out
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Okay, make sure the igniton is on and that the low beam headlights or park lights are also turned on when testing. If they are then the problem is in the BCM. The only further testing that can be done would have to be done with an advanced scan tool like the dealers.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They worked before but I was trying to see if there was a plug for the BCM that goes to the driver side fuse box because my dads 03 chevy suburban has one and mine does not have a plug for it on the fuse box diagram has body 12 way and brown where the plug goes to. Im asking does mine suppose to have one?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Your truck is not supposed to be equipped with this plug to the BCM.
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience: ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using justanswer.