Chevy expert
Chevy expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs experience ase cetified tech shop owner

Chevrolet Express 2500: 005 CHEVY 2500 EXPRESS VAN IS IDLING

005 CHEVY 2500 EXPRESS VAN IS IDLING HIGH, ABOUT 2400 RPMS, THE ONLY CODE IT SETS IS A P0507 HIGH IDLE SPEED. HAVE REPLACED INTAKE GASKETS WITH NO CHANGE, SPRAYED AROUND INTAKE PORTS AND ANY VACUUM PORTS TRYING TO FIND VACUUM LEAK AND CAN'T FIND ONE, IAC IS AT 0 AND TPS IS AT 0, MAP AND MAF SENSORS LOOK TO BE READING CORRECT. LONG TERM FUEL TRIM IS AT 5% AND SHORT TERM BOUNCES BETWEEN 2-3%. REMOVED FOAM AT BACK OF INTAKE AND SPRAYED CARB. CLEANER UP UNDER INTAKE WHILE RUNNIG WITH NO CHANGE. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chevy expert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. If you are absolutely sure that You have no external vacuum leak then this will most likely be a defective idle air control or possibly even a faulty PC M we will need to do some testing checked this out let me know what you find in reply back to me right here I will be with you as long as it takes to solve your problem thank you very much it's a pleasure working with you Connect a scan tool and review the IAC counts. The counts should increase when RPM is increased and decrease when RPM is lowered. Starting and stopping the engine will command the Idle Air Control motor to move. Connect a test light to battery negative and touch each of the four wires at the IAC motor when raising and lowering the engine speed or starting and stopping the engine. This will increase and decrease the IAC counts and a blinking light should be observed on all four wires at the IAC motor. If any of the four wires do not have a blinking power supply, check the wire between the Powertrain Control Module and the IAC motor. If all four wires have a blinking power supply, connect a test light to battery power and retest for a blinking ground on all four wires. If any of the four wires do not have a blinking ground, check the wire between the PCM and the IAC motor. If the electrical system is OK, verify the IAC motor is moving in and out. When commanded to 0 counts, disconnect the electrical connector, shut off the engine and remove the IAC motor. If the motor is extended, reinstall and connect. Cycle the key several times. Key on, engine off the counts will be high. Remove the IAC motor and verify the motor is retracted. If the motor is moving, reassemble, cycle the key several times and start the engine. If the IAC counts are 0 and the pintle is seated, check the engine for any sources of added air throttle plate open, vacuum leaks, Positive Crankcase Ventilation system, etc....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The first thing I tried was a new IAC. I have the original installed at this time. with the new one in my hand and plugged into the harness I cycled the key several times, you can feel the IAC pulse like it is moving but it doesn't move, the position on the scanner shows it to be moving. This problem started out intermittent, but, once the venicle is warm it does it continuously
If the IAC is not moving But you say it was pulsing I would definitely try a second idle air control you may have a defective one otherwise it's going to be a faulty PC M I'd rather see you try another idle air control first
Chevy expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 30 yrs experience ase cetified tech shop owner