Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

2007 Chevy HHR. Service traction is on display. Also when putting

2007 Chevy HHR. Service traction is on display. Also when putting car in reverse car jumps into gear kind of hard. And when driving as I press the gas I hear a buzzing sound coming from the front. I stop pressing gas and it stops. And I feel every bump I run over. Are the shocks gone? What is going on? Help!!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

Is the check engine light on as well?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. It's a symbol of an engine. and a T/C symbol in the far right corner
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
When there is a problem in the transmission controls circuits, a code will set in the engine control computer (PCM). The PCM will disable the traction control system and it will also maximize the transmission pressures. This is what is causing the harsh shifts. You will need to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic trouble codes to determine the source of the problem. Auto Zone and other auto parts stores will scan your codes for free. If you need additional help with diagnosis after getting the codes, please let me know.