Chevy expert
Chevy expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs experience ase cetified tech shop owner
22989858

2005 Chevy Impala: fuel gauge..abs lights..dashboard..spark plugs

Customer Question

Have a 2005 Chevy Impala. While driving in the city, fuel gauge will go down to E and then back up to correct position, hear a swoosh sound, the battery, brake and ABS lights go on and then off on the dashboard. Took it to dealer, had spark plugs and wires replaced, still happening. Any thoughts?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chevy expert replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.There are many different possibilities to cause this problem Using a scan tool tell me if there are any trouble codes being stored in the memory you may have a faulty instrument cluster or even possibly a faulty body control module
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Rear-window will not defrost. Any thoughts?
Check the voltage on the HVAC fuse in the instrument panel fuse panel on the right side of the dash with the key on. If the voltage is low, check the Orange wire at the ignition switch. If the voltage is low, check the 2 Red wires at the ignition switch. If both wires show battery voltage, replace the ignition switch When you Depress the rear defogger button using a volt meter checked for power at the grade on the back window let me know what you find and we will test further if we need to