Doug
Doug, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech. 32 years experice
30501653

need a wire diagram for 2002 chevy S-10 for stop/tail lights/backup

need a wire diagram for 2002 chevy S-10 for stop/tail lights/backup lights.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Doug replied 2 years ago.

Doug :

Thank you for choosing justanswer.com,I look forward to helping you,Doug

Customer :

are you there

Doug :

YES

Customer :

Already Tried:
I HAVE CUT OUT THE FIVE PIN PLUG CONNECTOR TO THE REAR LIGHTS AND WIRE THE WIRE OF THE SAME COLOR BACK TOGETHER TO HOPE TO FIX THE BREAK LIGHT IN RIGHT REAR AND THE BACK UP LIGHT THAT WAS NOT WORKING. tHE RIGHT REAR AND BACK UP LIGHT STILL DO NOT WORK, I have tail lights in both rear lights, turn signals and full function in left rear tail lights.

Urgency: High
Level of Detail: High
Doug :

I will send you digram please open it and et me know if this helps

Customer :

ok

Customer :

I have a haynes repair manual but is not helping me out much.

Doug :

TRY this factory wiring

Doug :

Also take your test light and check for power right where it plugs in to lights the light boards on these will fail

Customer :

were are the light boards

Doug :

They should be right on the back of lens assembley

Customer :

the bulb sockets

Doug :

Yes

Customer :

I have power there, I have swopped bulbs around to one side to the other side to make sure the bulb was good.

Doug :

Check the ground on that socket

Customer :

okay, that should be off a test connector on the right rear by frame.

Doug :

I would check it at frame and also right at the bulb socket if you have power there then it only leave ground bulb or bad socket

Customer :

I do have an extra wire that is light blue that was not in the five wire connector that i have no ideal were it goes, but has no power till the break lights should be on.

Doug :

That should be for trailer brakes

Customer :

oh okay, so that should be taped off then

Doug :

Yes sir

Customer :

okay.

Customer :

I will have to go back outside and try to clean the ground again and see if this helps

Doug :

OK let me know

Customer :

why would just the tail lights work on the right rear, but not the break lights or back up lights on that side work?

Doug :

Still leaves it to ground or socket if you have power there

Customer :

okay, I will let you know what i find out.

Doug :

Ok

Customer :

I FOUND THE GROUND TO BE BAD ON RIGHT SIDE, REWIRED ALL GROUNDS TO LIGHTS, BINGO NO MORE PROBLEMS. Thanks a million.

Doug, ASE Master Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech. 32 years experice