Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2006 chevy cobalt LS: unlock..alarm..diagnostic done..ignition switch

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Chevy Coblat LS, my doors lock and unlock on their own while the car is on and off, also the car arms itself when I turn it off, causing the alarm to go off whenever the door opens, it only stops when I start the car up. I had a diagnostic done at NTB and they said that it was the starter and ignition switch. Is that true? I called the dealership and they said I need another diagnostic done. I searched the internet and some causes have shown to be the BCM? How much does it cost to replace a BCM or should I just buy a new car?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Dan and I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. I agree it sounds like the BCM has failed and this is not a big enough issue where I would go buy another car...Body control module is about $500 to have installed at dealer and maybe a $100 daignostic free so around $600 total. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks.