Chevy expert
Chevy expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs experience ase cetified tech shop owner

white blue smoke is comming out of my exhaust

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chevy expert replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to just I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.Blue smoke coming from your exhaust is most commonly caused by oil getting in the Cylinders or contaminated fuel . When do you see the blue smoke ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It just started doing it do you think it is bad fuel and if it is what can I do about it is ther an aditive to put in it to help clean it out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I made a mistake it is a 2003 duramax diesel and white smoke is commming out of the exhaust.

White smoke coming out of the exhaust is caused by one of two things either too much fuel going into the cylinder you lose a leak caused by faulty fuel injectors or coolant getting into the cylinders usually by either a faulty head gasket or cracked cylinder head, to test for a faulty cylinder head gasket we can purchase a chemical head gasket test kit from your local parts store this is a chemical that will detect any cylinder combustion that is getting into the cooling system indicating either cracked head or a faulty head gasket. In order to check for a faulty injector take a drop of oil and place it on a paper towel if there is too much fuel going in the cylinders very often you'll be a lot of fuel in the oil also the drop of oil on the paper towel will have two very distinctive rings because of fuel in the oil will travel much further help onto the paper towel then the oil
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The fuel that I have been using smells bad out of the exhaust. Some fuels smell bad and other smell alot cleaner. If the injector is bad is it under wanrantry I know that the 2006 had bad injectors.
The policy that's in place is good for seven years or 200,000 miles your injectors may be covered under this but if you have contaminated fuel by all means get it out of the truck first because you do not wanna give them any reason not to cover