Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

2007 malibu 3.5 eng. oil leaking down side of oil filter,changed

2007 malibu 3.5 eng. oil leaking down side of oil filter,changed oil frilter 3 times,still leaking,where is it coming from
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Make sure there isn't an old oil filter seal stuck to the housing the filter threads onto as this will cause this issue.If this is o.k. the next likely component to leak and run down like this is the oil pressure sensor right above the oil filter on the oil filter housing,check and see if it is wet with oil and disconnect the electrical connector from it and see if oil runs out,if you see oil anywhere on this sensor then it needs replaced.

If the sensor is o.k. then most likely the oil filter housing gasket is leaking and causing this here and the gasket would need replaced.

Most common is usually a double sealed filter or the oil pressure sensor as I have seen and repaired both.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will check your answer and let you know,car is not available at this time
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Sounds good.You can come back at any time before and after the accept if needed just book mark this page and come back or come back through the emails sent to you from this post.

Thanks Pete!