Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

1995 chevy S10: pickup..a new fuel pump and fuel filter in..runs great

Customer Question

I have a 1995 chevy S10 pickup that I just put a new fuel pump and fuel filter in. It runs great when it starts... The problem is starting it. It will start in the morning and after driving it for about a half an hour and turning it off it will not start without using starting fluid. Had a mechanic buddy of mine look at it and he replaced the O2 sensor and looked at the intake and found one of the injector lines was off and put a new bracket on it and fixed that. Still have the same problem.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 4 years ago.

even though you have a new fuel need to check the fuel pressure when it wont start and while turning the starter,,these must have no less than 55psi while doing this,,,,it is very common to get a bad new fuel pump for these vortec engines...........i think your new fuel pump is weak still.

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP