Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet Silverado 1500: The service engine soon light just

The service engine soon light just came on in my 2002 Chevrolet silverado 1500. What all could this be?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 4 years ago.

hi

this could be anything....

from something simple ,like a loose/bad fuel cap,to something more serious.........what you need to do here is to scan the computer to get the trouble codes...if you dont have a scanner,auto zone and most parts stores will scan it and give you the trouble codes for free,,,,you need these codes to even get a clue to what is going on here

thanks

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP