jonb9173
jonb9173, GM certified
Experience:  20+ years exp
32877453

94 camaro: the oil pressure sending unit..3.4l..v6

where is the oil pressure sending unit on my 94 camaro 3.4l v6. i cant locate it anywhere online.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  jonb9173 replied 2 years ago.

jonb9173 :

Hello and happy new year

Customer:

heyy happy new year beo

Customer:

bro*

Customer:

good to see you again lol

jonb9173 :

Again, what do you mean? :)

Customer:

lol you helped me on my last problem with my car

jonb9173 :

Oh ya i remember. fuel filter right?

Customer:

yes

jonb9173 :

Ok why do you want to change the sending unit?

Customer:

lol but i got another problem i cant seem to find the right answer too. i need to replace the oil pressure sending unit i think and i cant locate it anywhere.

Customer:

ok were is what my car is doing...

Customer:

when its cold or just starting up...it has good pressure on oil gauge in car till i get the motor warmed and hot.

Customer:

then i hear the chattering in the valves and rockers

Customer:

i dont hear it when oil is cold

jonb9173 :

What does it drop to

Customer:

just when its good and warm when i push on the gas

Customer:

and the oil pressure drops to 0

Customer:

at idles

Customer:

but increases when i hit the gas

Customer:

and check engine light comes on sometimes...not all the time.

Customer:

no oil is leaking from what i can see

jonb9173 :

Just curious how often do you change your oil?

Customer:

its been changed several times.

Customer:

last time wasnt a week ago

Customer:

i had to replace the low oil sensor cause the new one i had was broken at default

Customer:

manufacture broken so i replaced it

Customer:

it works

jonb9173 :

Ok give me a few minutes and i will be able to tell you tell you the location gotta run to my shop.

Customer:

ok and also i need to know if its a 2 prong or 3 prong

Customer:

plug

jonb9173 :

Gotcha no problem

Customer:

ok

Customer:

brb taking my dog outside real quick

Customer:

back

jonb9173 :

Ok im back

Customer:

wb

jonb9173 :

just wanted to make sure i was right. It is right above the oil filter

Customer:

ok is it a 2 or 3 prong?

Customer:

and a reg wrench can take it off right? i dont need a special tool?

jonb9173 :

If you can't get it off with a wrench you may need to get the righ socket. Auto zone or someplace similar will have a oil pressure sensor socket

Customer:

ok cool, so its right next to the oil filter

jonb9173 :

Can't find how many wires the sensor has but if you are goig to change it anyways it should not matter. Just as long as it is a senor for a 3.4 it should fit

jonb9173 :

Yes right above the filter

Customer:

ok advance auto asked me if its a 2 or 3 prong

jonb9173 :

Well then go look now that you know where it is at and you will know for sure. Sorry i can't keep you from climbing under the car:)

Customer:

lol its all good. you been great help

Customer:

i`ll be able to know in the morning what it is

jonb9173 :

Great the location is the same whether it is2 or 3 prong

Customer:

yes

Customer:

hey, check these videos of my car out i made on youtube when you get a chance.

Customer:

2 videos i done

jonb9173 :

Cool I will definitly check i out

jonb9173 :

it

Customer:

ok cool, im calling it a night and you have a good one bro and thanks again for your help!

jonb9173 :

No problem have a good night and Happy New Year!

jonb9173, GM certified
Experience: 20+ years exp