GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

1997 chevy: wiring..1500 pickup all manual doors to power locks

Customer Question

what wiring do i need to convert a 1997 chevy 1500 pickup all manual doors to power locks and windows?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Happy Holidays, my name is JHoop and thank you for choosing justanswer.com. Please tell me all of the problem as my answers are based on the information you provide. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have about the same problem.

Are you near that ride? Need wiring diagrams for both?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes i am just outside and i have both diagrams

Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
On the I/p fuse panel is there a breaker slot fot the windows? Does it have terminals in it? A breaker slot is bigger than a fuse.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes it has to on slot 24 A and B. already have fuses installed. have wiring harness connected to door but i cant find the connector on my main harness under dash

Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
You have PWR WDO slot? For a breaker?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes for power lock and windows. the truck came with manual doors. im trying to put power doors on it

Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Please read my replys. Again,On the I/p fuse panel is there a breaker slot for the windows? Does it have terminals in it? Does it have a good breaker in it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it has two 1 inch silver breakers it looks like. not sure if there good. i was told they were.

Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
OK. With the key in run is there 12v to any of their terminals with the breakers removed?