Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

How do I replace the blower motor in 2006 chevy HHR

how do I replace the blower motor in 2006 chevy HHR
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. Here are instructions, let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

http://db.tt/sqOzJAK
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How much of the dash do I need to remove to expose this housing
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Just the cover under the glovebox. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I got the cover under theglove box off and the power supply removed. I got the two nuts off but I can not find the two bolts as illistrated in the drawing
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
There are two bolts for the cover/retianer..Remove those then remove retianer/cover...Then remove nuts and then remove blower motor. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It appears I do not have the retainer cover because all that I could see was the nuts.
On another note, do I need to cut all the way around the housing to remove the motor?
If so then this must have been fused together and now I have to cut the motor out.

My whole issue with replacing the motor is I have a bad seal somewhere and water is getting into the car through the vent / duct. Has there been any history of this with the
HHR ? And if so, where is this leak originating, your thoughts?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
If you have no cover it should just come loose, tap it with a hammer. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok I got the motor out and it was filled with water, where did this water come from, meaning how does the vent or duct system in this car work and where could water originated?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
I believe it comes in under wiper cowl, You could pull it off and look for openings and make sure edges are sealed off. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanx Dan for your help, I'm one step closer to repairing this issue and passing this headache onto to the next unsuspecting Chevy owner.

Larry