Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

95 chevy S10: with an obd2 connector and an obd1 ECM...fault codes

I have a 95 chevy S10 with an OBD2 connector and an OBD1 ECM. How can I retreive fault codes from it?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. Here are instructions to check codes. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

If it doesnt work you will need to use a scantool.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What scan tool will work to retreive the codes on this frankenstein setup?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
You can try to use a different OBD 2 scantool if that doesnt work you will need a tech 1 scantool...alot of shops still have these scantools so you will need to call around or bring to dealer as they should still have a tech 1 laying around. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There are several scan tools out there that will supposedly read OBD 2 and OBD 1 will any of them work? I cannot get the vehicle to a dealer as it will not start
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
I would try jumping pins to see if it helps at all...then next step is checking spark and fuel pressure...But you will need a OBD1 scantool that has the 16pin datalink connector. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.