Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics

2000 Chevy Malibu: temperature..gauges..these parts store

My temperature and gas gauges stopped working at the same time, in my 2000 Chevy Malibu. Someone told me to replace the fuses....problem is, I don't know WHERE these fuses are located in my car!!! and do I get replacements for them at an auto parts store? If you haven't guessed already, I am a WOMAN!!
Thanks for any info you can give me.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

The fuse that controls the Instrument Panel Guages is located in the driver's side fuse block, which is located under the driver's side dash, towards the left. Inspect fuses labeled in red in the image below. If these fuses are ok, then there are some tests that will need to be done, however, very commonly, this will result in the need to replace the instrument cluster itself. If the fuse is found bad, any local parts store will have the replacement in stock and ready to go.