JHoop, Chevy Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner

1987 camaro: a 700r4 transmission wont shift..warmed..driven..awhile

on my 1987 camaro a 700r4 transmission won't shift good till it's warmed up no computer connected it's fine when driven for awhile any idea?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Happy Holidays, my name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for choosing Please tell me all of the problem as my answers are based on the information you provide. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have about the same problem.

You do not have a computer controlled trans except for lock up convertor. There is further more not enough info to back up that complaint. I will try to get you some help. I'm going to put your question back up and see if anybody else has any info on this. Sorry I couldn't help you further. I'm sure someone will be with you shortly. Please do not reply as it will lock me to your question and no other expert can answer you. Thanks again for choosing justanswer! JHoop
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did you ever find out about the 700R4 transmission not shifting smooth
when cold?
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Chances are you need to change the fluid and filter. If that does not do it the pump in the trans is going bad.

If you have any more questions or need diagrams or service info, please don't hesisitate to ask. If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT. If you have an unlimited plan you will not be billed again yet I won't get credit unless ACCEPT is pressed.

Your question is always open and you can get back to me at any time by answering any e-mail related to this question or by simply logging on to your JA account and go to your questions. God Bless and Happy Holidays.

Please leave positive feedback. As you can see I have excellent ratings in all my categories. Also remember I am not at the vehicle, Please don't leave a negative report. Thanks again, JHoop