GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2009 Chevy Cobalt: The check engine light..keeps going..000 miles

The check engine light on my 2009 Chevy Cobalt keeps going on and off. My car seems to be running the same as it always does. I have about 111,000 miles on it. I am not sure what I should do since I know nothing about cars.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

The check engine light is on because some system had a fault that will affect the emissions. Now we cannot tell much with out the codes, and you can get them for free if you have a prt store scan the car.

This could be something like a loose or leaking gas cap or something like that. Can you get them scanned and reply to me here with them so I can get you the best possible answer?