Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...

Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

How do I disconnect the alarm system in my 2000 S10 chevy

Customer Question

How do I disconnect the alarm system in my 2000 S10 chevy truck.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 3 years ago.

This is a Duplicate question, but will answer, as it has more info...........

If this is the Factory Alarm:

You cannot Remove the Alarm, but can DisArm / DisAble it

Find the Light GREEN wire located in the Driver Kick Panel / Door Boot (harness that goes into the door), or at the BCM, located under Passenger Dash on the Heater Box

Wire located in B3 of Purple Plug

graphic

Ground the Light GREEN wire

I have respect for your question.

Please have respect for my answer

Your DEPOSIT is not payment

I have sent the information you have requested & have answered .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This alarm system is an after market product plus we have the factory alarm.

so we don't have to spend hours going back & forth, please supply all the information you can.......

What do you want done?
Disable / DisArm the Factory Alarm "and" the Aftermarket Alarm??
What is the Brand & Model Number of the Aftermarket Alarm?
Why do you want to Disable or Remove??

Do you know the operation of the Aftermarket Alarm?
Do you know where the Valet Switch is?

Do you have Electronics experience to Remove the Alarm?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is an 11 year old truck which we use as a tow truck. i needed to use the truck to tow therefore I disconnected the batter. When I put the two battery cables back together the alarm sounds and will not shut off.

No I do not have electronic experience this is why I am contacting you the expert

That is why I asked those questions.........

I still do not understand "which" you want to DisArm / DisAble
Factory & / or Aftermarket

You have not supplied me with no Brand or Model info to help you

Without the Brand & Model, no one can tell you exactly how to disarm, that is why I asked you the questions.......

If you do NOT know the Brand, Model or where the Valet Switch is:

TRY:
Disconnect Positive Battery Cable
Open Driver Door & LEAVE Open
Turn Ignition Switch ON & LEAVE On
Reconnect Positive Battery Cable
Alarm will sound for a few seconds
Start vehicle

If the Alarm DisArms, it will ReArm if you do not have the Remote or know where the Valet Switch is
Hence, Brand & Model is needed

If the above did not work, then you will need to find the Aftermarket Alarm & disconnect each wire from the Factory wires
It may be best to have someone local help or do this for you

I have respect for your question.

Please have respect for my answer

Your DEPOSIT is not payment