Chevy expert
Chevy expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs experience ase cetified tech shop owner
22989858

Cannot get key out of ignition in Chevrolet Cruze 2011.

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Happy Holidays, my name is JHoop and thank you for choosing justanswer.com. Please tell me all of the problem as my answers are based on the information you provide. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have about the same problem.

Are you a GM dealer tech? Less that 36K on the engine?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Less than 36,000 miles. No am not dealer or tech. Have had the vehicle for one year, this never happened before until today. Googled and learned it is relatively common for Cruze.
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
It is yet there is no easy fix. The edealers have not released the repair data. I am not a current GM employed tech. GM will not allow any GM employed tech to work here.

GM dealer is the only source today. And it is a free repair.

If you have any more questions or need diagrams or service info, please don't hesisitate to ask. If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT. If you have an unlimited plan you will not be billed again yet I won't get credit unless ACCEPT is pressed.

Your question is always open and you can get back to me at any time by answering any e-mail related to this question or by simply logging on to your JA account and go to your questions. God Bless and Happy Holidays.

Please leave positive feedback. As you can see I have excellent ratings in all my categories. Also remember I am not at the vehicle, Please don't leave a negative report. Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I stated it is a Chevrolet Cruze however you are not allowed to work on GM Vehicles this unable to answer.
Expert:  Chevy expert replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.Tell me if the key is turned all the way back to the lock position and is the shifter lock in the park position ?Most likely this is caused by a defective ignition lock cylinder which Should definitely be covered under warranty being such a new car.