BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2007 avalanche , remote start does nothing when pushed once

2007 avalanche , remote start does nothing when pushed once or twice? no lights flash etc. Light for check suspension stays on due to rear shock change to regular shocks.

BOBBYSS :

Hello JACUSTOMER, this suspension light will stay on if you permanently removed the electronic shocks. As for the remote start, do the door locks work with the remote?

Customer:

yes the locks work fine.

BOBBYSS :

Did this start after the shocks were replaced?

Customer:

no this was the same sssince purchase about a month ago.

Customer:

any one there?

BOBBYSS :

Okay. If the remote start suddenly stopped working then it is either a problem with the remote or the vehicles body control module. Start by trying another remote if you have one. If it still does not work then the problem is in the BCM. In some cases the dealer can reprogram this computer to fix this problem.

Customer:

Do not have a spare. what is BCM.?

BOBBYSS :

This is the computer that controls most of the vehicles electronics including this remote start feature.

Customer:

will bring it in and reply back.

BOBBYSS :

Okay. Let me know if you need more help.

Customer:

Works fine . Were no issues, just did not know how to operate I guess. Just have to hit door lock and then hold the start button on for a bit on the remote and all worked fine after that.

BOBBYSS :

I am glad that you figured it out. I was assuming that it was working and then suddenly it was not. If you need more help let me know.