relicdigger3
relicdigger3, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, GM Certified Technician
18089106

Chevrolet Tahoe LT: engine code p0449 came up. evap solenoid...

Customer Question

engine code p0449 came up. evap solenoid... where can i find it on an 07 Tahoe, and what it the part number
Category: Chevy
Expert:  relicdigger3 replied 2 years ago.

The purge solenoid is attached towards the front of the left fuel rail. I'm sorry but I don't have access to part numbers.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how can i buy a new one if i dont have a part number.... most places have no clue what im trying to buy. They all want a part number. Any help how i can get one?
You can try these part#: manufacturer part#(NNN) NNN-NNNNand advance auto parts part# XXXXX
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the(NNN) NNN-NNNNac delco?
Yes.(NNN) NNN-NNNNis the ac-delco part number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i still cannot find it on the vehicle...... is it in the back where the lines go from the gas cap down to a module? cause there is nothing that looks like it anywhere?

I'm sorry, the code P0449 is actually for the vent solenoid and not the purge solenoid. There is alot of confusion between the two. The vent solenoid is located and attached to the rear of the gas tank close to the driveshaft (some vehicles may have it above the spare tire). You may have to crawl under the vehicle to see it. The ac-delco part number for this part is 25950499. Here is the repair procedure for the vent solenoid. I hope you can see the pictures.

Evaporative Emission Canister Vent Solenoid Valve Replacement 1500 Series

Removal Procedure

Important Clean all
evaporative emission (EVAP) line connections and surrounding areas prior to
disconnecting, in order to avoid possible EVAP system contamination.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH
    Click
    to Enlarge

1. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the
    Vehicle .
  2. Disconnect the chassis wiring harness electrical connector (1) from
    the EVAP canister vent solenoid.
    Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH
    Click
    to Enlarge

3. Disconnect the EVAP canister vent
    solenoid quick connect fitting (1) from the
    EVAP canister. Refer to Quick Connect Fitting Service - Plastic Collar .
  4. Disconnect the fuel fill pipe EVAP line quick connect fitting (3)
    from the vent solenoid. Refer to Quick Connect Fitting Service -
    Plastic Collar .
    Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH
    Click
    to Enlarge

5. Disengage the retainer (1) securing the EVAP canister vent solenoid
    to the bracket.
  6. Remove the EVAP canister vent
    solenoid.

Installation Procedure

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH
    Click
    to Enlarge

1. Install the EVAP canister vent
    solenoid.
  2. Slide the EVAP canister vent
    solenoid onto the bracket until the retainer
    (1) engages the clip.
    Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH
    Click
    to Enlarge

3. Connect the EVAP canister vent
    solenoid quick connect fitting (1) to the
  4. Connect the fuel fill pipe EVAP line quick connect fitting (3) to the
    vent solenoid. Refer to Quick Connect Fitting Service -
    Plastic Collar .
    Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH
    Click
    to Enlarge

5. Connect the chassis wiring harness electrical connector (1) to the
    EVAP canister vent solenoid.
  6. Lower the vehicle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is that the right part number.....? ac delco says it is from 01-05?

Here is a part number you can try. Ac-delco part #(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
na, still only up to 2006
I'm sorry, I am unable to locate the part number for the vent solenoid. The auto parts store should be able to identify the part you are looking for with the above part numbers. Tell them this is the part you want but for a 2007 model.