jeepmopar76
jeepmopar76, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  32 years ASE Master tech, 34 years Garage/Dealership experience
16831211

2011 Chevy: I tried playing music through my phone to no avail, though

how can I connect my razr via USB to my 2011 Chevy Equinox? It will recognize iPhones and some USB devices through a USB port. I tried playing music through my phone to no avail, though.

I have successfully set the phone up to use Bluetooth to answer calls.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  jeepmopar76 replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Denny; now let me see if I can help you with your Chevy question.

If u click on the blue tooth option and wait, it will prompt u to use the streaming audio function, that will let you play music

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Is the "bluetooth option" through the phone software, or something I initiate through the Equinox radio?

Thanks for your answer - I look forward to trying it.

Do you have the ''hands free'' phone option, so you can take calls through your phone?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes. As I said in my initial question, I have successfully linked the phone to the car's bluetooth to answer calls (one of my favorite features of this car so far).

I don't see an option for playing music, though, and it does not happen automatically. Is there something in the car's menu to add this option?

There is a USB port and a 3.5mm jack in the vehicle (2011 Chevy Equinox). Running a second cord to connect the audio jack seems redundant. Not sure what the Bluetooth quality would be, but I'm willing to try it if it connects.

I would think the audio quality would be best through the USB, but it doesn't seem to recognize my phone (although the manual says it will recognize iPhones and many other USB devices). I have a new Motoroola Droid Razr.

I can, however, charge the phone through USB, so I know the USB port is active (not a blown fuse or something).