Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

1994 chevrolet: k2500..The dome light and lights on the floor..bulbs

Customer Question

I have a 1994 chevrolet silverado k2500. The dome light and lights on the floor do not work. Checked bulbs and fuse. Checked door switches. Any other ideas? Other things such as cig lighter and cargo light on same fuse work fine. Thanks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

Do the lights work with the dash dimmer switch turned all the way up?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No they do not come on even with the dimmer switch all the way up
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
Double check the CTSY fuse, if the fuse looks okay, test for power at this fuse with a test light or voltmeter. Let me know what you find there.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Everything with the fuse is fine. The cargo light cig lighter and reading lights on each side of the dome all work.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
At the floor lighting under the dash, test for power on the orange wire. If you have power on the orange wire, connect a jumper wire from the white wire to a ground and see if the light omes on. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tested for power with a test light and had power from the orange. jumping the white to a ground did nothing. I also tested for power at the dome light socket and had power there.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
White wire is the power source, White should be the ground. Connect your test light across from the white to the orange wire and see if the test light comes on. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ive tried everything you have said still no lights. I went out and bought brand new bulbs and fuse just to be sure and still nothing. Have power every where Ive tested. Any more ideas?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 4 years ago.
If you connect your test light across from the orange to the white wire, does the test light come on?