Mark
Mark, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34+ yrs Dealership Exp. - Fully State & ASE Certified - GM Master & GM World Class Tech

2000 chevy blazer: driver side window mototr/regulator..door panel

Customer Question

I have a 2000 chevy blazer that i am replacing the driver side window mototr/regulator with sissor arms etc. I have opening the door panel drilled out the rivets however I have not been succesful getting the unit out of the door. Moving the unit to the right it seems obstructed by the door it self.

Additionally the new unit which I bought used the rocker arm is in a different position then the one I am removing. Do i need to have it in the same position and if so how do I do that?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.
Greetings and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Mark.

I am assuming you have "seperated" the "window" from the regulator itself. If not, you need to do so. Below are the instructions for separating the window from the regulator.

Once you have the window out, you can then remove the regulator. The instructions for that is below.

I am not sure what you mean about the "rocker arm" is in a different position. I do know the pieces your are replacing should be the same, and you'll need to have the regulator in the same position when you install as when you removed.

Driver's Door Window Replacement

Object Number: 591000

1. Remove the door trim panel.
2. Remove the water deflector.
3. Remove the weatherstrip.
4. Remove the window run channels.
5. Lower the window about one half of the way down.
In this position, the window regulator rollers will be accessible through the openings in the door panel.
6. Remove the window from the regulator.
6.1Move the window forward in order to release the sash channel (1) from the rear regulator roller.
6.2Carefully tilt the window forward to a vertical position.
6.3Pull the window upward in order to release the sash channel from the front regulator roller (2).
7. Remove the window from the door.

Driver's Door Window Regulator Replacement
Object Number: 294589

1.
2. Disconnect the power window motor electrical connector, if equipped.
3. Remove the electrical harness retainers, if equipped.
4. Drill out the rivets that secure the window regulator to the door.
5. Remove the window regulator from the door.
6. Remove the power window motor, if equipped.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The instructions i was following stated to tape the window in the up position to the door frame, and then remove the inside door panel the the water deflector and then the lectrical harnesses. The window was not working so how would I get it into the half way down position?
Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.
Step 4 states to remove the window "run" channels. Below is the procedure for removing the channels which should allow for window movement.

Window Channel Replacement

Object Number: 294410

3. Remove the bolts that retain the front run channel to the door.
4. Carefully pull the front run channel in order to disengage the run channel from the window weatherstrip.
5. Remove the front run channel from the door.
6. Slide the window forward.
7. Remove the bolts that retain the rear run channel to the door.
8. Carefully pull the front run channel in order to disengage the run channel from the window weatherstrip.
9. Remove the rear run channel from the door.
Mark, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 34+ yrs Dealership Exp. - Fully State & ASE Certified - GM Master & GM World Class Tech
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Your help has been great, thank you

Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.
....and I THANK-YOU very much.

If there's anything else I can help with, just use this thread and I will try.