Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

1994 Chevy: stalls..fuel filter, fuel pump relay..ignition switch

1994 Chevy K2500 truck. Starts & stalls. I have replaced the Fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pump relay, coolant temp sensor, ignition switch, and tps. Problem still exist. I can keep it running if I feather the throttle. Also when I unplug the coolant temp sensor, it will stay running longer and I can even rev the engine. Its seems the fuel is cutting out. What should I try next?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

hi

it would have been good to have scanned the computer to have goten the trouble codes before all this work was done..there are still a few tings that can cause this,,,it would seem you may be loosing injector pulse,,,

1-the ignition module

2-the pick-up coil in the distributer,,either could cause a loss of injector pulse and still have a spark on the plugs....also

the problem here may be the map sensor,sense it seems to run longer with the ect disconnected...

thanks

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

graphic

1994 Chevy Truck K 2500 Truck 4WD V8-350 5.7L
Manifold Pressure/Vacuum Sensor Locations, Components: Engine Control Module - ECM
84_gmtrkbar90-015.pngMAP Sensor Location

The Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor is located on a bracket, mounted to the intake manifold, on the passenger side rear.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There were no codes set. Is there a way to check the ignition module before I purchase a new one?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can I the ignition module and coil checked at advance autoparts?

hi

advance can check the module for a spark,,but,most of the time when you loose pulse,,it will show good anyways......when they do this ,,testing dont help

thanks