AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Chevrolet Cobalt: my engine reduced power light is on. what

my engine reduced power light is on. what could this be
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.
Hello!

The Reduced Engine Power message alerts the driver that the Control Module has detected a fault in the Throttle Actuator Control system. The control module limits engine power when this mode is Active. Your computer will need to be scanned for codes and then diagnosed and fixed accordingly. My experience has been a bad throttle body or a bad sensor or some sort causing this issue.

I hope this helps! Please don't forget hit the green accept button so that I may get credit for the time that I have spent with you. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

I do hope you are as honest with me about your vehicle as I have been with you. If you have any further questions or if you need more assistance, just hit the reply button and we can continue our conversation. Please remember, even if you accept my answer now, you can still repost or respond back to this thread at any time you wish at no further cost and I will be more than happy to continue to work with you until you are happy.

In addition, please allow time between answers as I may be off line spending time with my family or assisting other customers. You can always request me by using the link through my profile page. Just Click on "AMEDEE" next to my picture and I will be sure to respond back in a timely manner.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

AMEDEE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how much will this cost if i bring my car to a shop?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.
IT all depends on what is wrong and the shops labor rate..

It is usually about 70 to 90 bucks for a good technician to get in there and take a look to see what is going on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if what ur telling me is infact the problem with the car, how much will that cost to get it fixed?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.
I just said.. it will all depend on what is wrong.
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience: ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i did a free 30 day trial on this after i ay ur 18 how do i cancel this free trial
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 years ago.
Hello!

Thanks for the accept!

You can contact support@justanswer.com and they will be happy to answer any of your questions that you might have.

Have a great night!