Neal
Neal, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Owner and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

Chevrolet Equinox LT: My wifes 2007 chevy equinox wont start

Customer Question

My wife's 2007 chevy equinox wont start there is no power to anything, door locks, etc. Key was stuck in the ignition so i tried to jump it last night. I was able to get the key out but still no power and no electrical. any suggestions
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

If the battery is really bad a jump start will sometimes not work. Can you remove the battery and take it to the parts store to be tested?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yeah once I figure out how o get thebattery out.
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

Ok, let me know what you find.

This question will remain open and I will continue to work with you even after you accept. The question will remain active for 7 days after our last communication.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I bought a new battery and put it in to no avail. It started and I drove it around the block. Then my wife went back out later to go some where. She tried to unlock the door with the key fob and it didn't work so she unlocked it with the key. Put the key in the ignition and it is stuck again in the ignition, no power to anything.
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
Then you must have a bad short that is killing the battery. Remove the positive and negative cables from the battery. Put an Ohm-meter across the positive and negative cable. If your reading is close to 0 Ohms then you have a direct short. Of course then the trick is tracking it down.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do you think it could be the electronic control module?
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
The module would not normally drain the battery which is what seems to be happening.