Chevy expert
Chevy expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs experience ase cetified tech shop owner
22989858

2004 Malibu Maxx: wont start..Engine will turn over but wont start.

Customer Question

2004 Malibu Maxx Periodically wont start. Engine will turn over but won't start. There doesent seem to be a pattern to the problem. I was told it was a fuel pressure problem and fuel pump?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chevy expert replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the engine will not crank at all this may be a problem with the pass lock sensor tell me if the security light remains on or flash is while you're trying to crank the car
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have checked the internet and many Malibu Maxx owners have the same problem. I do not accept a May Be answer. Chevrolet should have an answer to this problem.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
There's no crystal balls when I ask you a question I need information from you as I asked you earlier does the security light stay illuminated or flash or while trying to start the vehicle, this can be caused by a number of things and I am trying too narrow it down for you without being able to see the vehicle myself. Please answer my question and I can help us go further
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can not tell you anything about the security light, not something I am looking at. When the problem occurs again I will check that out. This appears to be a common problem I assumed Chevrolet would have a bulletin out on it. My mechanic checked the fuel pressure which was zero, does that help.
Clean the throttle body. Monitor the voltage on the ETC fuse during
the condition. If low, inspect for a faulty powertrain relay in the underhood
fuse block. Check Throttle Actuator Control module ground G105
on the transaxle stud. Inspect the TAC module connector for corrosion
and poor terminal contact, if there is no fuel pressure then we will need to checked to see if we have good power and ground to the fuel pump if there's power and ground at the pump then you have a faulty pump which will need to be replaced