Canadafix
Canadafix, Canadian Class A
Experience:  Have owned/operated an automotive repair shop for the last 19 years working on all makes and models of vehicles
25077074

How to replace driver side window motor on 2004 chevy cavalier 4 door

Customer Question

how to replace driver side window motor on 2004 chevy cavalier 4 door
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Canadafix replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

Here is the manual procedure for removing the regulator assembly.

Note....
Once removed you will need to remove the rivets that hold the motor to the regulator.
Careful when you do as the assist spring will snap apart when the motor is undone.
The gear holds it in place.
I usually pinch the regulator with vise grips or wire it to keep it from moving.

OK, here it is.

Removal Procedure
  1. Lower the window to the three quarters down position.
graphic
  1. Remove the door trim panel.
  2. Remove the water deflector in order to access the window regulator.
  3. Remove the window to regulator nuts (4).
  4. Push the window to the closed position and tape in place.
  5. Disconnect the regulator electrical connector.
  6. Remove the power window regulator bolts (3).
  7. Drill out the power window regulator rivets (2).
  8. Remove the power window regulator (5) from the door.
Installation Procedure
  1. Position the power window regulator (5) in the door.
  2. Connect the door window regulator electrical connector.
  3. Install the power window regulator rivets (2). Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
  4. Install the power window regulator bolts (3). Tighten the regulator bolts (3) to 10 N.m (89 lb in).
  5. Remove the tape from the window and push the window down to the regulator.
  6. Install the power window to regulator nuts (4). Tighten the window to regulator nuts (4) to 10 N.m (89 lb in).
  7. Install the water deflector.
  8. Install the door trim panel

There you are, I hope your repair goes well.

Thank you.
Bernie.
Expert:  Canadafix replied 3 years ago.
I see you have had a look at the solution given.
Was it helpful in your repair?
Do you need some more assistance?
Thank you.
Bernie.